[Coco] NitrOS-9 6309 L1 CocoSDC boots successfully on my Coco 1 F Board!

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sat Oct 31 08:28:12 EDT 2015

Hi Fellow NitrOS-9 CocoNuts!

I tested the latest version of NitrOS-9 L1 early this morning on my 6309
enhanced Coco 1 and it worked.  Who-Hoo!

I don't know if this Coco 1 has a D Board in it or not.  This motherboard
has a 4K and a 16K jumper near the SAM chip and 8 DRAM chips stacked on top
the original 8 DRAM chips so it has a total of 16 DRAM chips along with
several extra wires installed. It also has the big tin shield surrounding
and covering all the major chips.  If anyone knows which version this is,
please let me know.

I finally have one of my Cocos running the NitrOS-9 6309 L1 v3.3.0 CocoSDC
version.  I love it!  This first 6309 Coco 1 only has an RF output so I need
a composite video upgrade.  I'd like to get a hold of the one with the Video
and sound outputs on one rectangular PCB.  Since this particular Coco 1 has
the original RF can with the 4 wires going into it from the PCB, maybe I can
whip up something, but I would like a nice composite video adapter for it.
If anybody has one they don't need, please let me know.

Now I need to upgrade my Coco 1 with a Composite Video and sound output
board to a 6309 cpu!  :)  Actually I'm using HD63C09EP chips so I'm
wondering if there is any speed up circuits for the Coco 1.  Well that is
about all the news I have for now.  Take care my friends.

Kip Koon

 <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com

 <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>