[Coco] Not all emulators are equal regards ->Re: Webpage Update - Hires Mouse

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Oct 30 20:39:48 EDT 2015

On Nick's web page, we state that the joystick routine will not work as
intended with emulators. Actually you can run the programs using
emulators but won't have correct timing in the joystick routine or
therefore motion. What I also found, is that our prime Coco3 emulators
do not realize that $FF99 can change the number of screen lines in PMODE
graphics. This happens with a real Coco3.

The only emulator I have that will change the number of lines when in a
PMODE screen is the oldest one; the JVC emulator. Neither MESS nor VCC
will alter the PMODE screen line count when $FF99 is changed.
Well the JVC Coco3 is not perfect. :) It will not let the joystick arrow
reach the far left side of the graphic screens.

Perhaps those working on the latest version of VCC can change the code
to include the $FF99 line setting working with PMODE screens.

Robert