[Coco] Disk Controllers for the Dragon...

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Mon Oct 26 18:49:01 EDT 2015

Most 3.5" drives will work fine with the CoCo as 720K drives. Either use 720k floppy disks that do not have the 1.44m sensing hole in the corner or use 1.44m disks and cover the hole or disable the sensor for 1.44m disks on the drive so the drive is always in 720k mode. I have used a few of them with no issues on my CoCo and other systems although now I have no use for the 3.5" drives since any original vintage floppies that I might need to image will most likely be 5 1/4, and my CoCoSDC is much easier to use than a 3.5" floppy.