[Coco]  Re: New CoCo 3 - RF Out problem

chadbh74 chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 25 19:46:04 EDT 2015

   It's a 26-3334

   -Chad

   https://sites.google.com/site/cbhlab101/

   Sent from my Galaxy S4

   --------- Original Message ---------
   From: Al Hartman
   To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
   Date: Sun Oct 25 18:26:52 CDT 2015
   Subject: Re: [Coco] New CoCo 3 - RF Out problem
   What's the catalog number on the unit?
   Could it be a PAL Coco 3?
   -[ Al ]-
   -----Original Message-----
   From: Chad H
   Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2015 6:23 PM
   To: 'CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts'
   Subject: [Coco] New CoCo 3 - RF Out problem
   I FINALLY acquired a CoCo 3 that was in uncertain condition. He said
   the
   last time it was used years ago it worked fine though. It was still
   sealed
   appears to be the base 128K setup. The first thing I did was switch my
   RF
   cable from my CoCo 2 to the CoCo 3 and power up...click but nothing
   else. I
   pressed the RESET button and could hear the relay click, but snowy
   picture
   on the old TV. Switched the RF 3/4 switch a few times and nothing. Put
   the
   cable back to the CoCo 2 and its perfect image again.
   I then took the unit to another TV that had a front hookup for RCA Line
   IN
   and hooked it up that way. The expected startup message comes right up,
   nice and clean.
   Anyone have idea what could be going on here? Simple fix I hope. I
   could
   still use it in Line IN mode but I would rather have the CoCo FULLY
   functional if possible.
   - Chad H
   http://sites.google.com/site/cbhlab101/