[Coco] New CoCo 3 - RF Out problem

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Sun Oct 25 19:26:52 EDT 2015

What's the catalog number on the unit?

Could it be a PAL Coco 3?

-[ Al ]-

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad H
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2015 6:23 PM
To: 'CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts'
Subject: [Coco] New CoCo 3 - RF Out problem

I FINALLY acquired a CoCo 3 that was in uncertain condition.  He said the
last time it was used years ago it worked fine though.  It was still sealed
appears to be the base 128K setup.  The first thing I did was switch my RF
cable from my CoCo 2 to the CoCo 3 and power up…click but nothing else.  I
pressed the RESET button and could hear the relay click, but snowy picture
on the old TV.  Switched the RF ¾ switch a few times and nothing.  Put the
cable back to the CoCo 2 and its perfect image again.

I then took the unit to another TV that had a front hookup for RCA Line IN
and hooked it up that way.  The expected startup message comes right up,
nice and clean.

Anyone have idea what could be going on here?  Simple fix I hope.   I could
still use it in Line IN mode but I would rather have the CoCo FULLY
functional if possible.

- Chad H

http://sites.google.com/site/cbhlab101/