[Coco] An FPGA GIME project, and CoCo FPGA Experimenter's Board

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:36:49 EDT 2015

I think I will do the Experimenter’s board first.  It shouldn’t take too long,
will give me some practice with the BGA packages, and may prove to be a
useful tool in developing the GIME project.

I think I have the interface to the CoCo port (level shifters) all figured out.
A couple of things I want to put on the board for sure will be a VGA port, and sound
out (resistor DACs).  So it could be configured as a video card similar to a
WordPak, or a sound board (among a multitude of other things).

It looks like the interface to the cart port will use up 42 FPGA pins, so there
will be 130+ for other stuff!  I think you could probably make the ultimate I/O board
out of this thing.  :)

- Ed