[Coco] NitrOS9 40 column boot screen

Mike Delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 17:18:09 EDT 2015

I'm going to need some more help getting NitrOS9 to boot into a 40 column
screen.  I can make a 40x24 screen in /w1 using wmode and switch back and
forth to the 80x24 screen with the clear key (HOME on the PC keyboard), but
I cannot change the default screen to 40x24 (/w0 I guess).  To be clear, I
have a colour composite monitor which doesn't do 80 column text readably.
I would like to boot NitrOS9 in 40 column mode, the boot screen and the
welcome screen and working screen.  Can this be done?  I seem to recall
that when you do the setup with the original OS-9 Level II disks it gives
you the option to select a 40 column screen as the default.  Is there any
way to do this with NitrOS9?