[Coco] Assembly help

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Oct 17 20:27:51 EDT 2015

tim lindner wrote:
> Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I WISH there was a way to do a step by step trace in assembly
>> the way one can do in Microsoft's .NET languages to see exactly
>> what's going on with each instruction and the variable values, etc.
>
> Erik Gavriluk has a fork of MAME (MESS) that includes a bunch of extras
> to help with debugging. Specifically tailored to the CoCo drivers.
>
> https://github.com/milliluk
>
> It pretty much supercedes my work with EMUBRK.

There is a package called NOICE which permits a program running on a PC
to debug a program running on a Coco. There is some code in the NitrOS-9
project under 3rdparty/p2mods/noice.

The program itself is described here
http://www.noicedebugger.com/
http://www.noicedebugger.com/help/mainhelp.htm
and what we would want is described here
http://www.noicedebugger.com/help/targets.htm#6809

The program had been free for Coco users but I don't know if that is
still the case. You probably will still need to contact the author to
get passed the trial period.

Robert