[Coco] PSA / warning for all RGB2VGA owners

Pere psergm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 04:59:21 EDT 2015

Hi Ed,
thanks a lot for the letting us know about this potential danger.

Concerning the VGA connector, mine has continuity in all 15 pins!
The manual of the TV to which it is attached says that the VGA connector
is for any PC VGA output.
I don't know if PC's do output or wait for any signal on pin 9 (?)

I have tested the voltage at pin 9 on the TV side, and with the
TV turned off or turned on the measure is always 0.00mV

I have been using it for long periods of time when my sons come home
just to test our reflexes with the Donkey Kong Remix and nothing has
happened by now.
Anyway I will cut pin 9 on the RGB2VGA side just to be safer ...

cheers
pere