[Coco] intronics eprom programmer

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Oct 12 12:26:21 EDT 2015

> On Oct 12, 2015, at 00:41, camillus1 <camillus.b.58 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A good cleaning of the contacts would do good. The best way to clean the contacts is with a good quality eraser

Speaking of erasers, I've been told that one should always use a white draftsman's/artist's eraser for this purpose. Never a common pink pencil eraser, and never a highly abrasive ink eraser. The white erasers are available anywhere art and drafting supplies are sold (including office supply stores), but I use an old electric drafting eraser that makes quick work of dirty contacts. But just be extra careful to avoid mechanically damaging any poorly-adhering pads if you use a powered eraser!

If you've never heard of an electric eraser before, here's a random picture from the internet of the same model that I have:

http://www.forgottenartsupplies.com/_gallery_images/3952051207.jpg

It holds a long eraser stick in a chuck and spins it like a low-speed Dremel tool. But you don't need the electric eraser to get the job done; just the right kind of white eraser, in either stick or block form, and a bit of elbow grease.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/