[Coco] MShell

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Oct 11 16:38:57 EDT 2015

Stephen, in MShell's updater, you will always see a number higher than what is running (for now). When you actually download, it will be the same version. I did this so I didn't have to reset a 'test build' all the time just to test the updater as it seems to be the first thing to 'bug out' every time I add something new. The DW4 cmd parser is sooo finicky in that program, if I change one thing, it breaks. So I leave the updater one version ahead of the real version so I can check even when there is no new version (make any sense?).
So when you see it's two ahead of your version (like E & C), then there's difinately something new.
It's good to update a fresh copy every now and then as I do little bug fixes and don't change the version, so you could actually be getting something new. Which in your case, I think you just downgraded as I forgot to upload the latest version to the updater site (fixing that now) so you may want to do that again tomorrow or even later today LMAO

I doub't there will be any 'major' updates to the current release as I am now doing a complete rewrite of the source code (hopefully in asm). There's a lot of stuff I want to add to just the file manager alone and have run out of room. The new version will fix that. Then I can finish the 8 or so modules I have in the works already (some nearly finished) and 10 or so in planning. I have some new utilities just chomping at the bit, wanting to jump into MShell right now. I just have no memory for the menu routines (long story).

As for the PC access... that EASY... Just use "," for right panel or "." for left panel (non-shifted <>) and it brings up the panel menu for that panel. You can also "CLICK" on the dir bar (2nd line from the top) and the panel menu comes up for that side.
>From the panel menu, select your format (OS9, RSDOS, PC) and then follow the prompts. You'll be impressed with how much your CocoFPGA knows about your PC through DW4 :-)

BTW clicking outside of a menu or hitting <ENTER> usually aborts the menu. There's only one or two menus that will not do this (for various reasons).

Oh, and it runs without DW4 as well... just that the dw features are disabled (PC access, updater, etc).

I'm GLAD to know it works on the CocoFPGA.. that makes me happy that I accomplished one goal which was to make it run on all Coco 3 platforms (Coco 3, Vcc, Messy, Coco FPGA etc).

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com