[Coco] Multi ROM bank builder tool (Windows)

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 10 18:55:22 EDT 2015

I have written this utility to provide easy building of multi-bank ROM
images and to support management of my new externally controlled
EPROM/EEPROM Pack boards.   However, I believe anyone who builds multi-bank
images in Windows my find this tool of use, you don't need to be using my
boards.  You just may or may not have need of the control codes given by the
tool in that case.

I would welcome anyone  to try it out and test it and let me know if there
are any issues or discrepancies I have missed.  Here are some of the
features.  You can download the .ZIP of the tool from my web site link
below.  It contains the .EXE and the library .DLL to provide PDF generation
support.

Features ...

        *  Provides chip layouts according to type of chip selected (27128
-16K, 27256 - 32K , 27512 - 64K, 29EE010 - 128K, 29EE020 - 256K, 29F040 -
512K)

        *  User can Save/Load chip layouts for later use.

        *  Provides direct 'plugging' of source .CCC/.ROM files into each 8K
bank.

        *  Auto-maps 16K sources to 2 x 8K banks, will not allow 16K source
on 'even' bank (A13 line would be split in the case and 16K mode would not
function correctly)

        *  Provides control codes for my Arduino sketch  (Export function
will dump the actual Arduino code so it can be copy/pasted into your
sketch!)

        *  Auto-pads from source .CCC/.ROM files so that built .ROM image
banks correctly fall at the proper 8K boundaries.  Chip size padded at end
to capacity of chip.  Padding is Hex FF.

        * .PDF report generation of a map of your chip.  Will show names of
each bank, what jumper settings apply, and the Arduino Sketch control codes.

- Chad H

http://sites.google.com/site/cbhlab101/