[Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sun Oct 4 22:46:29 EDT 2015

On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 22:02:01 -0400
Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> Kelly... (LMAO), yes, you are the only one using a joystick! (j/k)
> There are 2 mice (meeces?) for the Coco. The black, single button
> "Tandy Color Mouse" (I have 2), often seen on ebay for about $20, and
> the white, dual button "Tandy Deluxe Color Mouse", rarely seen though
> I have seen one or two on ebay in the past couple of years (I have
> one). There are actually 2 versions of the deluxe model. The first
> was pre-Coco 3 and had a single button. The 2nd was released after
> the Coco 3 and 1000 EX and could be used with both. Any of these will
> work with OS9/NitrOS9 as the 2nd button is useless in the current
> configuration of either. The 2nd button is hard coded (in os9) to
> change windows and can't be programmed for anything else until the
> driver is altered.
>
> As far as using MShell... It can bu used with the keyboard as well.
> All cmds have a shortcut key (read the docs). I actually find the
> keys quicker in a lot of cases unless I'm feeling really lazy and I'm
> jacked back in my desk chair and don't feel like sitting up to get to
> the keyboard (mouse is close by) as my Coco Eagle AT keyboard is
> above and to the left of my PC keyboard and I have to actually
> reposition myself if I use the Coco keyboard. Which actually, my Coco
> 3 is down at the moment. I always heard that there is nothing you can
> enter into the Coco keyboard that can physically hurt your Coco, I
> guess they never entered a full cup of coffee into the keyboard.
> Needless to say, I have to tear it down (again) and clean it as it
> has quite a few stuck and shorting keys. I have rebuilt this keyboard
> 3 times now. This time will be the last. I finally found some info on
> that particular keyboard (Eagle AT Keyboard Interface) as it is a
> Keytronics product which has the "felt & foil" keys and I found info
> on good solutions to replace the felt and foil. I replaced the felt,
> but was using the old foil film contacts and several were beyond
> repair so I left the least used keys out (24 F-keys on this board).
> Now I can fix them all again.
>

> Bill Pierce
> "Charlie stole the handle, and the train it won't stop going, no way
> to slow down!" - Ian Anderson - Jethro Tull

> Global Moderator for TRS-80/Tandy Color Computer Forums
> http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/
>
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

HI Bill, Your tale of woe reminded me of the time we dumped Coke into
the mainframe keyboard at Ohio Edison 8-). After the IBM FE
disassembled and cleaned the keyboard three times, it still locked up
after two hours use. He finally got PO'ed and jerked it out, took it
down to the local car wash and thoroughly washed and hosed it down. He
brought it back, thoroughly dried each piece, reassembled it, and
reinstalled it. That keyboard never failed again and was in the
mainframe until that 360-50 was exchanged for a 370-145. I still smile
at that 8-).

Cheers