[Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 22:22:00 EDT 2015

Stephen, first... run "mdir"... Look for "scdwv", "N", "N1"-"N13". You must at least have "scdwv", "N', & "N1" to run the "dw" cmd.

If your boot is created from the NitrOS9 repo disks, these files should be there already. I think I remember you mentioning CocoSDC, so I haven't a clue what was included in that boot.

If these files are not there, get a disk image from the repo (anything containing "L2", your cpu type (6809, 6309) and ending in "dw"). If you know how to make a new boot, then add these files to the boot. If not, there is a quick and dirty way:
Put the repo disk in /X0 in the DW4 server
Type: (all one line)
merge /x0/nitros9/6x09L2/modules/scf/scdwv.dr /x0/nitros9/6x09L2/modules/scf/n_scdwv.dd /x0/nitros9/6x09L2/modules/scf/n1_scdwv.dd >/dd/cmds/scdwv

Once this is done, type:
load scdwv
link scdwv
Now try the dw cmd again (on the Coco)
dw server list C:/file.xxx >/dd/file.xxx

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com