[Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 21:17:43 EDT 2015

When you type something like "dw server list C:/folder/file > /dd/file" on
a coco running nitros9, you are doing two things.  The part *before* the
greater than symbol is a dw command (all of which always write to standard
output).   The "> /dd/file" after the dw command is telling the os9 shell
to redirect standard output to a file called /dd/file.  This second part is
nothing to do with DriveWire, that's just standard OS9 tricks.

When you enter a command into the DriveWire gui, you are talking directly
to DW.  So the first part of the above example "dw s l C:/folder/file" will
work fine, and the contents of that file will appear in the GUI window.
However, the second part that redirects that output to a file mounted in
nitros9 on a coco.. That's not going to happen when you are talking to the
server from a Windows machine.  There is no nitros9 shell (or any shell at
all) when typing stuff into the GUI.  No file system to redirect anything
to except the same ones you can list files from.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015, 5:27 PM Stephen Pereira <spereira1952 at comcast.net>
wrote:

I’ve spent some time today attempting to use the Drivewire commands…

>From the command line in NitrOS-9, if I attempt the command:

dw server list d:\filename.ext >/d1/filename.ext

First I get: ERROR #221

I see that means module not found, so I tried LOAD DW, but I still get
ERROR #221 after that.

So, I went onto my PC running the DW Server.  In the UI input line, I type
in the same command.
Here I get: ERROR 201: Could not read from “file:///d:/filename.ext
<file:///d:/filename.ext> >d1/filename.ext" because it is not a file.