[Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Sun Oct 4 19:30:56 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Pereira" <spereira1952 at comcast.net>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2015 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

> I’ve spent some time today attempting to use the Drivewire commands…
>
> From the command line in NitrOS-9, if I attempt the command:
>
> dw server list d:\filename.ext >/d1/filename.ext
>
> First I get: ERROR #221
>
> I see that means module not found, so I tried LOAD DW, but I still get
> ERROR #221 after that.
>
> So, I went onto my PC running the DW Server.  In the UI input line, I type
> in the same command.
> Here I get: ERROR 201: Could not read from “file:///d:/filename.ext
> <file:///d:/filename.ext> >d1/filename.ext" because it is not a file.
>
> On my PC in the DW input line I can issue the command dw server dir d:
> and I get the directory of my drive D: so I know that something works…
>
> Anyway, is this enough information for someone to advise me on what I am
> doing wrong?
>
> Thanks very much for listening.
>
> smp
> --
> Stephen M. Pereira
> Bedford, NH  03110
> KB1SXE

Hi Stephen.

You need to have certain modules in memory to order for the dw command to
operate.  Specifically the scdwv driver and the N descriptors.

The driver and descriptors are located in the subdirectories of the NITROS9
directory.

I'm not sure if you can load these modules after boot or if they need to be
incorporated in to the bootfile to work correctly. Perhaps somebody more
knowledgeable on the subject could comment on that. If just loading them
works then that would certainly be the quickest route to test it out as you
won't have to build a new boot disk.