[Coco] OT: MS shenanigans, XP, Win10...

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 16:26:11 EDT 2015

I agree with using Firefox over Internet Exploder. I refuse to use IE
except when I have no choice. On this laptop, Firefox has issues. I have
downloaded Chrome, but I still prefer Firefox even with its issues. I never
have virus problems with Firefox. I have been a Mozilla fan ever since
Netscape 2. I was saddened when Netscape was sold to AOL, but was relieved
when Mozilla came out with Firefox.

When I visit a site that Firefox warns me about I close the tab and move
on. I am so done with the BS. NO I do not need a newer version of flash
when I have the latest version already! Thank you very much! LOL

Thanks for the info on Mint. I might just go that route when I get a new
system. The only thing I will miss from Windows is the 3rd party software
that doesn't have versions for other OSes. I like TextPad for my text
editing. It is a programmer's editor and gives me capabilities I have never
found in any other text editor. I am a Sokoban player, and while there are
versions of the game for other OSes (Mac in particular), my favorite is
called Sokoban YASC and is only written for Windows. It is written in
Delphi Pascal, which is a neat thing to me. I don't know if it could be
recompiled for other platforms or not. There are a few others, but they
aren't as important to me as the two named above.