[Coco] [Codo] OS9Gen question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 14:56:10 EDT 2015

George, using 'merge' will create a valid bootfile, but it will not be bootablem nor will a kernel (track 34) be created. OS9Gen also sets the value in LSN0 to point to the location of OS9Boot. The kernel, uses this value to locate the OS9boot and load it. You can actually manually edit LSN0 to point to the OS9Boot, but you have to know where on the drive it's located.
OS9Gen should be on any orignal Tandy system disk you may (or may not) have. Also, I'm pretty sure the OS9Gen in the NitrOS9 repo can be used with vannilla OS9 (?).
You can also use 'cobbler' to make a boot from your current (in memory) boot and then use EZGen or KwikGen to add/remove modules (my preferred method). It's quick and easy.
Both are available on the "My Favorite OS9 Utils" disk image on my website, though I know you're not using DW4 so therefore making it hard for you to transfer files from the PC much less a disk image. This limits greatly how much we can help you as we can't even send you files.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com