[Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 05:47:51 EDT 2015

Kelly, that's basically, what MShell does, but with a graphic GUI that's point&click. It uses DW4's dir cmd, to list the PC dir to one panel, then read the os9 dir in the other. Click a filename twice (once just 'selects' it) and a menu pops up with the option for copy, move etc, and performs that operation on the file to the other panel (if applicable). To get files to the PC, I use the DW4 virtual printer, but before it sends the file to '/p', it sets the DW4 print dir to the same as the dir shown with the addition of the filename, which causes OS9 to 'print' the file to the PC with the desired destination and name. Once the operation finishes, it resets the printer back to normal. Then the dir operation is refreshed on the affected panel.
Of course all this is invisible to the user and all they see is two file lists, to which they just point & click.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com