[Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

Stephen Pereira spereira1952 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 3 19:21:47 EDT 2015

> I use the drivewire list command to move source files from my PC to the CoCo.
>
> All my CoCo stuff is on the E drive of my drivewire PC in a directory called CoCo.
>
> I use the following to copy a source file from my drivewire PC to my CoCo 3:
>
> dw server list e:\coco\filename.asm >filename.asm
>
> That copies the file named filename.asm from the PC to a file named filename.asm in the working directory of the Coco.
>
> Very quick and easy.

Hi K. Pruitt,

Thank you very much for this information.

I am a complete newbie on Drivewire, save inserting .dsk images into Drivewire slots, and then using the disks on my attached CoCo 3.

I get that you have your files all in e:\coco

So, where would I type the command:  dw server list e:\coco\filename.asm ?  I am assuming you type it on your PC somewhere, probably in the Drivewire application.  Can you please tell me where one types commands like this?

Also, you say the file gets copied into the working directory of the CoCo.  Let’s say that all I have is a NitrOS-9 boot disk in drive 0, and it shows up on my CoCo as /DD:.  I think that you mean the file would be copied onto the NitrOS-9 boot disk, and it would then show up when I issue the DIR command at the /DD: prompt.  Right?

Thanks very much, in advance, for your patience with me.

smp
--
Stephen M. Pereira
Bedford, NH  03110