[Coco] VCC Color Computer 3 Emulator v2.0.1 - Public Release (finally!)

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Oct 3 09:13:31 EDT 2015

Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 08:37:41 -0400
From: Barry Nelson <barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com>

 Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and is no longer updated with security fixes. I would not suggested running anything on an XP system that is connected to the internet at this point as it will probably quickly get infected by malware. I would suggest upgrading to at least Vista or Windows 7. If you must run XP, either isolate it from the internet, or run it under emulation, or both. Otherwise, well, good luck with the viruses you will most likely collect. Or…
Run Linux.==================================================I have XP on one of my computers -- attached to the internet. Running AVG anti-virus. No problems with ma-ware or anything else. While MS doesn't support XP any more, it's also falling in use and becoming less of a target. It's no more vulnerable than it was when MS was supporting it, and probably won't be anymore vulnerable as use falls off. A lot of businesses still use it, and have been reluctant to change, but they will have to soon... making it even less of a choice target. Sounds like Microsoft hype to encourage upgrades. Common sense should prevail! I'm not the only one I know still using XP some who hasn't had any increase in issues with mal-ware or viruses.
 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548