[Coco] VCC Color Computer 3 Emulator v2.0.1 - Public Release(finally!)

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 10:43:06 EDT 2015

My XP Pro mini-tower is currently put away. It is SP3 and is as current as
it could be when support ended. I have run the system after support ended
with no problems. The difference for me was that I ignored MS' attempt to
get me to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials when they pulled that
trick. They sent an update that "failed" and said the only fix was to
uninstall MSE and reinstall from the site. In effect, this deletes all the
definitions accumulated so far and leaves the machine vulnerable. After
about 2 weeks, and for the very first time in all my Windows history, a
update showed as being ready on the restart icon (instead of the usual shut
down icon). When I restarted, the MSE update installed and I began to see
the lack of support notices and the MSE icon remained red thereafter. All
of my definitions were still intact. I have been using a Vista laptop for
awhile now, also with MSE installed. I hate Vista! However, I cannot yet
afford an upgrade, and now that Windows 10 is out I wonder how long till
8.1 is no longer sold as 7 is now not available. Oh well. At least my XP
system is still functional when I need it.

Wayne