[Coco] OS9/NITROS Primer

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:00:14 EDT 2015

At the moment it doesn't matter much, but in general I would not
recommend pointing beginners or the innocent user to the
nightly/development builds. NitrOS-9 stable releases are available at

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nitros9/files/releases/

(clearly linked from www.nitros9.org)

Only if you have tried the latest release you should go on to a
development version. Nobody guarantees that the current development
version is usable and won't eat your floppies/HD/kittens. The stable
releases provide a well-tested base with known functionality.

Development versions might provide further functionality and bug
fixes, and I would encourage as much testing on it as possible, but
please try the stable release first to avoid getting stuck at some
"under construction" issue.

That said, there is as of today no recent changes to the development
version, and it has been tested by many over the last months so there
should be nothing to be afraid of. On the other hand there are no
critical fixes or very important additions since the 3.3.0 release
that would prevent anyone from starting there.

Tormod