[Coco] OT: Upgrade to WIndows 10?

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Tue Nov 24 07:33:46 EST 2015

Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 09:26:00 +1100
From: Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au>

Having said that, it's somewhat encouraging to hear the unanimously
positive experiences; not too surprising since Windows 8 was such a
complete and utter lemon. I am starting to believe though that
Microsoft's track record in releasing alternate disasters and successes
is becoming too consistent to be purely accidental...===================================================
I stated in one of my messages that MS has a habit of releasing things before they are fully tested, letting the public do a lot of their testing... "delta" testing? (no C in Greek alphabet)
 Sometimes it's unintentional, I think, such as Windows 8. Someone had the bright idea that the main user interface should be more touch/visual oriented instead of the way people are used to doing things. Forgot that people don't like big changes. Fixed with 8.1.  At least thay made it right with 10 -- free upgrades for a year. 1o is what 8 should have been. IMHO 8 was just released too soon. I must admit though, sometimes you don't know what people want until you give them something they definitely don't want, but MS does that consistently. Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548