[Coco] The ultimate VCC hard disk image using EmuDsk

Barry Nelson Barry.Nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Nov 13 14:13:46 EST 2015

Ok, one difference I noticed was that you have the SuperIDE in slot 1, I was
putting it in slot 2, but I think what killed me was that I didn't uncheck
the "clock at FF50", so the clock was conflicting with the default address,
and the rom only checks FF50, not the other addresses. When I had it working
under NitrOS9, I did change the IDE controller address to FF60 and I changed
a copy of the /i0 descriptor to match. I thought EmuDisk was using FF50, but
I guess it's the clock J. Thanks. Question, why is the clock configured on
the floppy controller screen? Shouldn't it be either in the global settings
or a separate window for harddisk.dll, since the clock is not part of the
floppy interface? Also, if this works, why do we need support for EmuDisk,
other than for compatibility with the MESS emulator, which maybe I should
update MESS anyway and add the Glenside IDE to MESS, rendering that question
moot. Or maybe add emulation of the CoCoSDC to both systems, with seems to
me to be a better system and adds flash support.

Thoughts?

Thanks again for the help.

>        Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
<mailto:coco%40maltedmedia.com?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BCoco%5D%20The%20ultimate%2
0VCC%20hard%20disk%20image%20using%20EmuDsk&In-Reply-To=%3C15102171924-3f8d-
15776%40webprd-a01.mail.aol.com%3E>
Fri Nov 13 13:24:06 EST 2015

>         Barry, finally got back to my computer. I found the info that I
knew I had tucked somewhere :-)

>         I was getting the same results as you on a CF image I know I've
accessed before. So I did some searching...

>         Here's the settings for using the SuperIDE

>         MPI slots loaded as:

>         Slot 1 - ide.dll

>         Slot 2 - Orch90.dll

>         Slot 3 - harddrive.dll

>         Slot 4 - FD-502.dll

>         >

>         in "Cartridge / FD-502 Config"

>         Uncheck "Clock at 0xFF50-51"

>         (this is imperative, I missed this to start with and could get
nothing, "No Hard Drive Found")

>         Check "Disk Image / External Rom Image"

>         In bottom right corner, click "Browse" and mount Luis's
"hdblba.rom"

>         Click "OK"

>         >

>         Now in "Cartridge"

>         Click "IDE Config"

>         Make sure "Base Address 0xFF" is set to "50"

>         Check "Clock at 0xFF70"

>         Check "Clock is Read-Only"

>         Clcik "IDE Master" and mount the image or VHD

>         Now hit "F9" twice (cold start, once "off" twice "on")

>         >

>         That should do it. This image has the RSDOS partiton first
(non-conventional) with no offsets used, so if you image has the OS9 first,
offsets will need be set in hdblba.