[Coco] The ultimate VCC hard disk image using EmuDsk

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Nov 13 13:24:06 EST 2015

Barry, finally got back to my computer. I found the info that I knew I had tucked somewhere :-)
I was getting the same results as you on a CF image I know I've accessed before. So I did some searching...
Here's the settings for using the SuperIDE

> MPI slots loaded as:
> Slot 1 - ide.dll
> Slot 2 - Orch90.dll
> Slot 3 - harddrive.dll
> Slot 4 - FD-502.dll
>
> in "Cartridge / FD-502 Config"
> Uncheck "Clock at 0xFF50-51"
(this is imperative, I missed this to start with and could get nothing, "No Hard Drive Found")
> Check "Disk Image / External Rom Image"
> In bottom right corner, click "Browse" and mount Luis's "hdblba.rom"
> Click "OK"
>
> Now in "Cartridge"
> Click "IDE Config"
> Make sure "Base Address 0xFF" is set to "50"
> Check "Clock at 0xFF70"
> Check "Clock is Read-Only"
> Clcik "IDE Master" and mount the image or VHD
> Now hit "F9" twice (cold start, once "off" twice "on")

 That should do it. This image has the RSDOS partiton first (non-conventional) with no offsets used, so if you image has the OS9 first, offsets will need be set in hdblba.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com