[Coco] The ultimate VCC hard disk image using EmuDsk

Barry Nelson Barry.Nelson at amobiledevice.com
Fri Nov 13 09:55:47 EST 2015

I am aware of that, I was planning on making an "installer" to run off a
DriveWire 4 drive, but so far I can't even get the IDE version of HDBDOS to
recognize the disk. I sort of want to be able to test both the NitrOS9 and
DECB setup. On the NitrOS9 side I can access the disk, but the HDBDOS rom
says there is no hard drive. I think that there might be some functionality
that NitrOS9 does not use but is needed for HDBDOS that VCC does not
implement. Is this possible?

>        Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
<mailto:coco%40maltedmedia.com?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BCoco%5D%20The%20ultimate%2
0VCC%20hard%20disk%20image%20using%20EmuDsk&In-Reply-To=%3C150ffd9aa6b-331c-
14473%40webprd-m17.mail.aol.com%3E>
Fri Nov 13 02:57:46 EST 2015

>        Barry, without specific info, there's no way you can make it work
for the GlensideIDE. You have no way of knowing what size drives the end
user has, nor any of their settings. And how are you going to copy it? The
best that could be done is for the user to copy all the files to their HD
from you VHD using DW4 (it's what I would do). Same for any other 'real'
HD.. Without known sizes and specific descriptor parameters, I just don't
see how you could do that.

>         BTW, I have a GlensideIDE, set up with a cluster size of 64, using
two 4gig partitions and an RSDOS 256 disk partition. Try setting that up
LOL. I don't use the RSDOS partition, I use DW4 instead for RSDOS. If I do
need the RSDOS partition, I just load my preconfigured hdblba from disk.