[Coco] 3d printed EPROM cartridge housings

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Nov 8 23:48:02 EST 2015

> On Nov 8, 2015, at 12:51, Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> If I'm not mistaken Mark's boards were done in a commercial program

Yes, I created the plastic case model in a commercial program called Cobalt (from Ashlar), which I have access to through work. Well, for the next couple of weeks, anyway... I'm changing jobs. I'm going to try out a much cheaper commercial program called Fusion 360 from Autodesk very soon. It's one of those danged cloud-based tools that I loathe on general principal, but it includes the CAM feature that I need for some CNC machining tasks, and it's much cheaper (in the short term, anyway).

For PCB design, I've been using an open-source tool called KiCad. My CoCo cartridge PCBs were done in the commercial version of Eagle, back before I switched to KiCad. They might open in the free version of Eagle, but I haven't tried it.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/