[Coco] Expanding features via FPGA’s & VCC

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 22:20:14 EST 2015

I have to agree that the big question is who will write software
to take advantage of new features.

With FPGAs we can implement darn near any hardware we can
think of, but without software… well…

I’m fully expecting that no one will write anything for the FPGA
board I’m working on for the cart port, and that the number of people
wanting one for interfacing projects will probably be something I can
count on my fingers.  It’ll still be a cool project for my purposes though  :)

I do plan on implementing drivers and code so that it will be useable
as a Wordpak type board for 80 column text through the VGA port,
RS232 ports, and PWM sound (CoCo uploaded samples), so it may find
some favor there.

Just set up my new reflow oven so that I can do BGAs.  Looks promising,
now I just have to finish designing that PCB.  :)

- Ed