[Coco] [coco]I'm wanting a video converter for my CC3

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sun May 31 23:25:42 EDT 2015

Almost all of the old arcade raster video games of the 70s and 80s used an analog video monitor with RGB inputs and a horizontal frequency of 15.625 KHz.  This is exactly the same as standard analog NTSC television.  I happened to have a generic replacement 19" monitor made for an arcade game.  It was brand new just sitting in my basement for years.  I had intended to build a cocktail (sit-down) Galaga game using it and a logic board I bought off eBay. The project never came to fruition but I did fire up the monitor recently and made a cable to hook it up to my CoCo 3.  Works perfectly.

In fact, if you have an old analog television set you could probably find the RGB and sync signals inside and separate them from the tuner circuitry and drive it directly from the CoCo 3.

Dave Philipsen