[Coco] CoCo 1/2 VDG & SAM interaction.

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 16:43:43 EDT 2015

Hi Phil,

My understanding from the CoCo 1/2 schematics is that the way it’s arranged the 6847 controls when the bus is
free for the rest of the system.  *FS is tied to *MS on the 6847 and CB1 on the PIA.

When *FS goes low, *MS is asserted, driving the MC6847’s connections to the address bus into Hi-z.
At the same time, CB1 on the PIA (an input) is also driven low.  I assume it’s through this that the SAM knows the
address bus is free.

So, the system doesn’t know if the 6847 started on the rise or fall of the clock.

- Ed