[Coco] eBay MPI Heads Up

Sat May 30 12:01:34 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "K. Pruitt" <pruittk at roadrunner.com>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] eBay MPI Heads Up

> LOL! Okay, my bad. Could I get away with using soldering iron instead? I'm
> not too bad at soldering. But I wouldn't call myself a soldererer.. uh,
> solder-er, solderist... whatever it's called, it ain't I.

Yes soldering iron is the correct term. The one I use has a tip a little smaller than the lead in a pencil. I don't need any stinking temperature relegation, a light dimmer triac with a big knob works great for Electronics Tinkering.

But even that is very huge compared to what is in use today. I am truly amazed that hobbyists can produce boards with surface mounted components.

SHF