[Coco] eBay MPI Heads Up

Sat May 30 01:45:29 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "K. Pruitt" <pruittk at roadrunner.com>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] eBay MPI Heads Up

> Whoever repaired the traces on this board is very good with a soldering gun.
> So kudos to whomever it was.

I have one of those, about as useful today as lead acid solder. Many decades ago someone was trying to use both and upon seeing that I ran away as fast as I could. Great way to kill electronics if that is your intent. I also have a soldering pistol. Difference, the gun has a loop with the tip gets hot. The pistol looks just like a gun shape with smaller pencil with the end that gets hot.

Many points off for using the term "soldering gun" here.

The part of the mystery that I do not understand is what is required make the CoCo 1/2 - 3 switch necessary.

Reading the good doctors words a few hours ago I don't think he covered that point, as least my short term memory says no.

Years ago I could describe how the switch and the upgrade were connected, today I need to leave that for the current experts. I still have all the books even though a trip over to National Semi was needed when 5 of 9 data books were missing. I was sent to a door that when opening showed a very huge warehouse full of data books. Huge!

SHF