[Coco] eBay MPI Heads Up

Fri May 29 23:10:54 EDT 2015

Perhaps what the MPI was designed for may help.

You cannot remove or insert a cart from the CoCo without powering down. I just read words that removing or inserting a cart in the MPI is more dangerious.

But with several carts in the MPI you can switch carts without removing the power. Thus the MPI switches for slot selection (gamers).

When you get into the OS-9 world the slot switches are ignored once the CoCo starts switching slots.

Marty "may" have used one of the switches for CoCo 1/2 - CoCo 3 operations and assumed the floppy controller was in the correct slot.

Being an OS-9 person I may have done that but my MPI was just a chip replacement (I just saw the original chip in my parts bin.). I remember using my MPI very little.

SHF