[Coco] DriveWire frustrations

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue May 26 07:59:47 EDT 2015

On Mon, 25 May 2015, Christopher Barnett Fox wrote:

> Are you using 32- or 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04? Are you using desktop, and
> running the DriveWire GUI, or are you running the Ubuntu server edition
> and running DW headless? I've only tried the OpenJDK 7 release available
> in the Ubuntu repositories. Issues I've had have been failure to launch
> altogether, the logs getting rapidly filled with Java exceptions, the
> built-in browser functionality doesn't work, lots of hangs or complete
> crashes while in use, etc. It's just generally so unreliable as to be
> unusable.

I'm running 64-bit Kubuntu 12.04, but neither my choice of desktop
environment nor the address space should have any affect one way or the
other.

Java is 64-bit OpenJDK 1.6.  I am admittedly using a much older version of
DW, however:  4.3.0 - and that may make the difference.  I start it
thusly:

java -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar DW4UI.jar --backup