[Coco] DriveWire frustrations

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon May 25 13:57:12 EDT 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Christopher Barnett Fox wrote:
> Steven,
>
> Are you using 32- or 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04? Are you using desktop, and running the DriveWire GUI, or are you running the Ubuntu server edition and running DW headless? I've only tried the OpenJDK 7 release available in the Ubuntu repositories. Issues I've had have been failure to launch altogether, the logs getting rapidly filled with Java exceptions, the built-in browser functionality doesn't work, lots of hangs or complete crashes while in use, etc. It's just generally so unreliable as to be unusable.

I don't understand why you have such troubles, but probably nothing
wrong with openjdk and Ubuntu 12.04, 32 or 64 bit. I have used
DriveWire with no problems on Ubuntu 12.04 (32bit), 14.04 (64-bit) and
various Debian versions without problems.

But double-check what kind of DriveWire versions you are sitting on.
Mine is 4.3.4d. IIRC 4.3.3p also worked fine. Use "dw server status"
on the DW4 command line field to see the version.

Tormod