[Coco] DriveWire frustrations

Christopher Barnett Fox cbfox01 at syr.edu
Mon May 25 13:29:57 EDT 2015

Steven,

Are you using 32- or 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04? Are you using desktop, and running the DriveWire GUI, or are you running the Ubuntu server edition and running DW headless? I've only tried the OpenJDK 7 release available in the Ubuntu repositories. Issues I've had have been failure to launch altogether, the logs getting rapidly filled with Java exceptions, the built-in browser functionality doesn't work, lots of hangs or complete crashes while in use, etc. It's just generally so unreliable as to be unusable.

Christopher