[Coco] DriveWire frustrations

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun May 24 22:17:12 EDT 2015

On Sun, 24 May 2015, Christopher Barnett Fox wrote:

> I've been really wanting to use DriveWire, but every time I dive into it
> I run into trouble. On my Mac, it at least works occasionally, but is
> unreliable with frequent hangs and crashes, and on Linux (multiple
> distributions, both 32- and 64-bit), I cannot get DriveWire to launch at
> all. Java exceptions ruin the fun.

> So, what gives? What's the magic sauce to get this software to work? I
> don't own any personal seats of Windows, so that's out, although from
> what I've heard it sounds the most reliable DriveWire host.

> Any decent, up-to-date documentation available on the best Linux config
> and installation instructions?

What sort of issues are you seeing?  In the past I had good luck running
on Ubuntu 12.04 and currently host it on a little Seagate network
Dockstar appliance under an Armel port of Debian.

Whose Java have you tried?  Between OpenJDK, Oracle and IBM Java, I have
to believe that one of them will cooperate.