[Coco] CoCo development

Harry Culpan harry at tesseract.org
Sat May 23 01:00:19 EDT 2015

I'm still very new to the CoCo platform with a lot to learn.  Right now
I've got a 64k CoCo2 and the SDC, but I've got a CoCo 3 that I purchased
off of eBay on the way.  I went ahead and sprung for the 512k and 63x09E
upgrades as well.

So my question is, what tools do you guys recommend for development?  I'd
prefer to do cross-platform, writing/compiling the code on my Mac and
copying it to my CoCo, but I'm not opposed to working on the CoCo itself.
And while I plan to use assembler, I am also interested in any compiled
higher-level languages that may exist for the platform, especially
something like C or Pascal.

Also do you have any specific recommendations of resources that would be
helpful, like books or web sites?  I've been programming for a long time,
so I'm not really looking for a "beginner's guide to programming", but
something that explains the CoCo platform to a noob would be great.

Thanks,
Harry Culpan