[Coco] Any idea of the floppy disk unit I can connect to a 26-3029 controller ?

Michael Graham mkgraham at gmx.com
Tue May 19 22:54:34 EDT 2015

On 5/19/2015 8:30 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> You either have unusual drives, or unusually soft magnetically HD disks.
>
> With the hole taped over, most drives will cut the record current because
> the DD disk is easier to write to.  The taped over HD disk is not
> recorded strongly enough to keep.  Go find one you made a year ago, or
> even 2 weeks ago and there's a good chance you cannot read it today.

I don't have any that I wrote a year ago because up until recently I was
overwriting the contents of the same 3-4 diskettes every time I got one
out (basically just using them to try out different programs or for data
transfer onto hard drives, never for long-term storage).

I've had a TERRIBLE time trying to use 1.2 MB disks as 360k media, but
for the time spans I've had to deal with so far I've had absolutely no
trouble using 1.44 MB disks as 720k media.

--Michael