[Coco] Multipak and Drivewire

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Thu May 14 17:44:19 EDT 2015

I can't duplicate your situation hardware-wise exactly , Michael, but there
is an easy enough test.

Here's my setup disk-wise: Slot 1 of the MPI is the SDC. Slot 4 of the MPI
is my Disto Controller with a stock Tandy ROM.
The selector switch of the MPI is set to slot 1 - the SDC.

When I boot up I see the SDC banner under the Disk Extended Color Basic
banner.

If I type DIR I see the directory of drive 0 on the SDC.

If I now type DRIVE 0,OFF and type DIR, I see the directory of my physical
drive 0.  Same method for drive 1.

If you can do that, then you're good to go as far as accessing the SDC and
your physical drives with a HDB-DOS ROM in your disk controller. I don't see
why it wouldn't work.

To boot in to the HDB-DOS ROM,  just set your selector switch to that device
and boot up. The DRIVE ON/OFF commands work the same for HDB-DOS.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to access the SDC if you've booted in to
HDB-DOS or even if it is possible.  Someone more knowledgeable will have to
address that issue.

So, basically just set the selector switch to the device you want as your
boot Rom and go from there.

You should also move up to drivewire 4 if possible.