[Coco] Cassette Cable

Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker ranaur at ranaur.net
Wed May 13 14:37:29 EDT 2015

Make one. It is the second simpliest thing you do for the color (after the
RF cable).

You'll need:

1 x 5 pin male DIN connector (this is easy to find)
1 x 5 wire (or more) flexible cable
2 x p2 male audio connector it is like a regular cellphone headset plug. If
you don't want to CSAVE anything you'll need only one.
(optional) 1 x P1 male audio connector for the motor on/off. Unless you
want to use a regular cassete player (from the epoch) You will not need it.
Forget.

Solering iron, solder.

The schematic is in
http://www.coco3.com/community/2011/02/coco-cassette-port-pins/

If you want to solder just on, use only the "casin" you'll need to solder
only 2 (gnd) and 4.

15 minutes to do. Even if you never soldered before, it is a nice and easy
job.

But you'll probably pay more than 6 dollars. (but it will be fun!)

If you don't want to heat the iron, 15 bucks + shipping is not a bad deal.
If you live in US. if you live somewhere else it won't be worth the
shipping price.