[Coco] Coco Sudoku

Jim Gerrie jimgerrie at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed May 13 08:29:58 EDT 2015

John,

SUDOKU-80B is simply a port from
http://www.zonadepruebas.com/viewtopic.php?t=3348
<http://www.zonadepruebas.com/viewtopic.php?t=3348&p=20601> &p=20601

However, I did do a lot of research for a Sudoku solver and maker program I
tried to do in BASIC.  The key term is "valid transformation" because there
are legit ways to take valid puzzles and mix up their rows and columns, and
still be left with a valid puzzle.

Try searching on "Sudoku valid transformations" or something to that effect.
Here's the kind of site that comes up:

http://ljkrakauer.com/Sudoku/transformations.htm

The other thing I kept coming across was "
<http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jchu/publicportal/sudoku/sudoku.paper.html>
Knuth's Dancing Links Algorithm," which I recall is recursive, but the
fastest way to solve whether a Sudoku has a "unique" solution (and is thus a
true/valid Sudoku) or not.  Since it was recursive (and memory intensive) I
recall determining there was no way to implement it in a 20K MC-10, thus
ended my attempt to create even a slow true Sudoku maker in BASICL