[Coco] Coco printers (drivewire)

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Wed May 13 07:21:51 EDT 2015

Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 15:29:34 -0600
From: abqpenmaster <abqpenmaster at gmail.com>

I do have drivewire, but I'm using my 7 year old windows 7 pc right now.  I keep dreaming of getting a used laptop with a db9 per on it and installing a ssd drive and Linux to use with my Coco's and other stuff,   but haven't yet. I'll save this email,  though, for future reference.

You might want to get a Raspberry Pi 2 (the quad core model) and use that as a compact server. Alternatives are Atom or ITX based computers. Cheaper than a used laptop, and much more compact. You need a monitor and keyboard to install the OS and set it up initially, but after that they are not needed. Hook your current monitor and keyboard up, then control it through the CoCo after.
 Frank Swygert
Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
803-604-6548