[Coco] RGB2VGA Convertors

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat May 9 17:09:07 EDT 2015

On Saturday 09 May 2015 11:27:00 Roy Justus via Coco wrote:
> Yeah, I got that after reading the whole thread
>

> Roy Justus
> rjrtty at aol.com

I hope you are "more better" now, Roy.  We've missed you.

I have one of Roy's 2nd or 3rd generation convertors. I took a chance
last year and bought a used 16" 4x3 POS led tft monitor, no case, but
its well shielded, so it is screwed to a couple plywood pieces.
Visually its 100% usable. $65 on ebay at the time I bought it.  It even
has a touch screen, which I have looked at with a scope, but have not
hooked to a uart yet to see what of data actually falls out.  Sometime
this next winter maybe, right now I am up to my things in homestead
maintenance, starting with a new deck floor on the front of the shop, it
was not treated when I put it down sometime around the turn of the
century & I stuck a foot thru it 2 weeks ago.  My wake up call.  That,
and installing a sump pump to help dry out the basement, and the output
line needs to be made into permanent 1.25" pvc.

This machines main drive went read-only in early february, but I was able
to get all my data off it to a fresh 2 Terrabyter, and the 250Gb on the
lathe went south at about the same time, so I put a 2T in that box too.
But I had to reformat that drive just last week and so I reinstalled the
latest version the LCNC people have spun.  As usual, networking was a
cast iron bitch, but I'm used to that and can usually sort that in an
hour.  Then I had to call amanda's amrecover and get all my other data
back, so the lathe ran long enough to finish a 45 minute job I started 3
weeks ago.  All this while working on the deck flooring.

I have a 60Gb Kingston SSD (5 Gb is plenty for one of those machines)
coming for that box as I don't trust the Toshiba 2T at all now.  And
there is a PSU for it on a donkey cart someplace since those are the
prime suspects when a box gets flaky.

And I've promised my boys I would make each of them a copy of a blanket
chest, Green & Green style, solid Mahogany, Gabon ebony and lined with
aromatic red cedar, to be delivered to NE and KS sometime this summer.
My middle son, who just got married in December (this time to a genuine
keeper), the day after we had services for the oldest one (proved once
again that you shouldn't drive with a quart of whiskey in you and
another on the seat), just bought a place in KS that Fannie May wanted
out of really bad, nice 3 Br etc house, a 3 stall garage and a rentable
duplex back of the garage, closed on it a month ago for $13.9K !!!!
Turns out that 5 something acres is an un-incorporated town & he bought
the whole town!  Some folks have all the luck...

It sure keeps me out of the bars, thats for sure. ;-)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)