[Coco] CoCo Disk System Power Supply Issue...

Steve Batson steve at batsonphotography.com
Sat May 9 12:56:34 EDT 2015

Working on a Floppy Drive my Cousin gave me...

It's a Tandy 26-3131 Floppy Drive system with the short FD-501 controller. I get now power out of the transformer. I removed the transformer from the supply, ohm'd out the primary and I have continuity there. The secondary has 2 red and two orange. I have continuity between the two orange and two red, but not between orange and red (possibly an open circuit here). I do not read a short between primary and secondary. So worst case, the transformer secondary is bad. I don't have a schematic of this thing which would be nice not only for testing, but also for replacement if necessary.

Suggestions?