[Coco] RGB2VGA Convertors

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:05:09 EDT 2015

On Fri, 8 May 2015, lciotti at lrlc.us wrote:

>> I am currently working on getting the Altera DE-0 Nano programming
>> software functional.  I have made an error in the gender of the 2 -
>> 2x20 connectors and I'm waiting for parts to make little 1" cables.  I
>> have male connectors on both boards to mate together.

> Not to be jerk or anything, but why not just buy the correct gender
> connector.  Unless there is a component right on to of the connector
> footprint shouldn't the other gender fit?  I mean they are just through
> holes right?

Because I'll wager they're already soldered into the piggyback board.
While it's possible to remove 34 pin (I believe) headers from a
double-sided PCB, it's not fun and runs a finite risk of lifting traces.

FWIW, I came very close to doing the same thing when assembling my RGB2VGA
converter :-).

Steve