[Coco] Starting OS9 games

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sat May 2 14:15:26 EDT 2015

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 7:14 AM, Vincent Tran wrote:

> Hi Robert - Thanks for the info.
>
> > This disk will not work with Drivewire and possibly not with an SDC pack
> as the kernel and OS9Boot file is intended for use with a floppy disk.
>
> I can confirm that it doesn't work with the SDC.  I will try a real floppy.

Vincent, I have tested the PACMAN dsk from ColorComputerArchive.com and it
appears to work fine with the CoCo SDC.  No modifications are needed. Just
mount the PACMAN.DSK file in drive 0 and type DOS. The OS9 system will boot
and the game starts automatically.

It does appear that the game requires 512K RAM to run.  If you have only
128K then the auto-start program fails and you get the shell prompt instead.

- Darren