[Coco] Starting OS9 games

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri May 1 11:24:00 EDT 2015

Vincent, the disk you are trying to run has a "standard" OS9 boot and will only boot from a real disk or an emulator (not SDC or DW).

To get this disk to run from drivewire, get the "nos96809v030300coco3_dw.dsk" from the "Latest Builds" from the nitros9 repo and boot OS9 from that disk in DW slot 0. (or boot DW from your SDC)
Once nitros9 is booted, type "mdir". I'm not sure what the SDC boot uses as /dd so If you see "X0" as a device descriptor, then it's most likely using an SDC disk as /dd. In that case, you insert the pacman disk in slot 0 of DW (I assume since your mounting an image you have DW), and type:
cd /x0<enter>
cx /x0/cmds<enter>
load runb<enter>
pacman<enter>

If you didn't see "X0" after mdir but you DID see "X1" and "X2", then the X0 is set as /dd, so, you mount the disk as above in slot 0, and type
cd /dd<enter>
cx /dd/cmds/<enter>
load rub<enter>
pacman<enter>

If you don't see X0, X1, X2, & X3 after midr, then your boot is not set for DW and you will have to use the disk mentioned above to boot.

I just tried the "Pacman (OS9) (Coco3)" disk from the archives on my DW NitrOS9 system using the above and it worked fine. You'll need a joystick... :-)

I don't own an SDC so I couldn't tell you how to get it on the SDC and run it from there, others can give you that info.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com