[Coco] CoCoTracker 6809 bug/issue

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Mar 26 03:17:32 EDT 2015

Sean, after further investigation, I've found that CocoTracker actually pokes the drive number into a location in the DECB rom (in a Coco 3 it resides in ram and can be edited)
A check is made for DECB 1.1 or 1.0 and the poke is done accordingly.
So, if the Drivepak and CocoSDC roms are not compatible with RSDOS in that particular rom location, then a drive change would fail.
Both RGBDOS and HDBDOS use the RSDOS rom and only modify it to their needs so they work fine.
I have no clue how Drivepak and Cocosdc roms are set up so this could very well be your problem. Not CocoTracker, but the compatibility of the roms in your drive emulators.

Given the location of the same value in the drivepak and cocosdc roms, changes could be made in the CocoTracker basic program to make it work with drives other than 0.
The reason it works with drive 0 is that it checks the current drive and if it's 0 it does not do the poke.
The disk access is done via DSKI$ command for direct loading of the mods so that they can be loaded into the upper banks of the 512k memory one bank at a time.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com